Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Backyard DIYs

My backyard Do-It-Yourself projects include finding pieces of old furniture and painting them wonderfully bright colors!  The inside of my house is pretty traditional, so I enjoy using really fun, lively colors outside my house!  Hope you are inspired!

I found this old wooden table at an antique
store when I was looking for a potting bench.
I painted it "John Deere" green with a mint
green drawer for contrast.  It's got a nice wide
aluminum top that can be easily washed off
with a hose.  I love it!



I painted this chair "Tangerine Dream."
I've got it on the deck as a plant stand,
now holding an ornamental pepper.



I use this little bench for my watering can,
pots, and garden trinkets. I call this color
"French Blue."  It was fun to paint with
such a lively color!



This window frame was made of old fence
 posts. I've wanted to paint something robin's-egg
 blue, so that was my choice (it looks paler in
this picture).  I then planted pansies in the
windowsill and hung it on the side of
the garage.




















No comments:

Post a Comment